As we did with our two previous blogs about the circular economy and innovation, we are now going to reward you, the reader, with a number of tips. This time, of course, we are going to give you a number of tips for the transition to a Smart Industry and how to implement them. We would like to give you the following tips:
– Keep developing where possible. If you keep using your old techniques for too long, your services and/or products can become outdated. This can literally leave you losing money.
– Also, keep looking at the data you have already collected in the past. Just because you need to keep evolving doesn’t mean you should forget all your accumulated information. This is very useful information. Often you can discover areas of improvement in your acquired data.
– Don’t start too big. Don’t change an entire process at once. Start with small steps. This also ensures that adoption doesn’t take too long among your employees.
– Set goals. Don’t start adapting things without direction. What do you want to achieve with these adjustments? What will you do if the adjustment does not produce the desired result?
– Directions: look for opportunities in smart products/services, smart processes, smart business models and game changers. Keep the third tip in mind here as well. Don’t start in all four directions at once.
Of course, we also want to continue to improve ourselves and make a nice transition to a Smart Industry. We are therefore also open to tips. Do you have a tip that was not mentioned in the paragraph above? Be sure to send us a message! We are a fan of co-creation.