Now that you’ve read the blog on innovation, we’d like to give you a few more tips/handles. Or maybe you just came for the tips. Either way, we’re going to make sure you can get to work with these tips to continue innovating. The tips we want to give you are:
– Keep an eye on the market! In order to create the right innovations, it is important to know what trends are currently happening. Immerse yourself in these trends and/or technologies. It would be a shame if you develop a cool product, but the market is not waiting for it. But also, the other way around, when the market is screaming for a product, but you don’t notice this. Don’t miss out on those opportunities!
– Map out what problems and/or opportunities are happening for you and your customers in terms of innovation/improvement. Based on these problems and/or opportunities (innovative) services and products can be developed that seamlessly connect to them.
– Be patient! After all, it may take some time for your updated/improved product, service or process to catch on. The Mobile phone was first seen as useless. But do you know anyone today who does not use a mobile phone on a daily basis?
– Above all, seek collaboration. To be able to innovate successfully as a company you often need other partners. Maybe they just have certain knowledge that your organization lacks. We often call this co-creation, because together we are always stronger!
– Make sure innovation is a continuous process within your company. Don’t just start innovating when profits level off. By then, it can sometimes be too late. Stay proactive and even when the orders are pouring in, keep actively looking ahead. Tomorrow is not always a given.
– Don’t shy away from new challenges. Occasionally it can be good to step out of your comfort zone. New situations require new skills. For example, creativity is developed when things are done differently than they were before.
Of course, we also continue to improve and innovate ourselves continuously. Partly because that’s in our DNA and partly because Industry 4.0 pushes us to go along with it.
This is also a big challenge for us, so we are always open to tips & tricks in this area. So, do you have any tips, tricks and facts about applying innovation that we haven’t mentioned yet? Feel free to send us a message! We like to learn from each other and grow together. Or in other words, see tip 4😊